Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) solve many user problems. They provide access to blocked sites and encrypt transmitted traffic for remote connections.
Pop-up ads usually seem like an innocent marketing strategy, but their real intentions can be malicious. They can happen even if you didn’t click on the ad banner. It is called “malvertising” (malicious advertising).
Does a VPN block ads? Definitely yes! We’ve found the top 10 ad-blocking VPN providers that can hide all kinds of ads. You don’t need to install any additional ad-blocking extensions.
What makes a VPN the best adblocker? The best one should block and cover most types of ads, including banners, autoplay videos, pop-ups, and YouTube. There are many VPNs on the market that provide ad-blocking features. However, not all of them are created equal. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the best VPNs with ad blockers and explain how they work. Keep reading to learn more!
Why would Ads be Dangerous for your Computer System?
When you browse the internet, you are bombarded with ads. Ads without a VPN with an ad blocker can be dangerous for your computer system for different reasons:
- Malicious ads can infect your computer with tracking cookies. They can follow you around the internet, collecting data about your online activity.
- Ads can slow down your connection by downloading large files.
- Some ad networks track your online activity to target you with more personalized ads.
If you’re concerned about any of these potential dangers, you can take steps to protect yourself:
- First, only click on ads that come from reputable sources.
- Second, install an ad blocker on your web browser to prevent intrusive and resource-intensive ads from loading. Adblockers VPN works by identifying and blocking the requests made to your device. This means you will never see the ad, let alone click on it. This protects you from malicious ads and saves you time and bandwidth by preventing those ads from loading in the first place.
- Third, be aware of what data ad networks are collected about you and adjust your privacy settings accordingly. Taking these precautions can minimize the risks of having ads on your computer.
Are VPNs Safer than Ad blocker Extensions?
It really depends on your needs. A VPN is probably the best option if you’re primarily concerned with privacy and security. However, if you just want to block annoying ads, an ad blocker will do the job just fine. VPNs and ad blockers can offer some level of protection from online threats. They work differently, each with advantages and disadvantages. No definitive answer exists as the debate over which is better – a VPN or an ad blocker – rages on. However, we can offer some insights into each option:
|– VPNs encrypt your traffic and route it through a secure tunnel. |
– This makes it much more difficult for anyone to see your activities or track your location.
– A VPN ad blocker re-routs your internet traffic through a server that blocks ads.
– This means that when you try to access a website, the ad blocker will first check to see any ads on that site. If there are, it will block them.
– Additionally, VPNs can provide access to geo-restricted content and bypass censorship filters.
|– Ad blockers work by blocking requests to known ad servers. |
– This means that ads will never even load, so you won’t have to worry about them slowing down your browsing experience.
– Additionally, ad blockers can protect you from malicious ads that could infect your computer with malware.
– However, ad blockers can unintentionally block some useful or necessary content, such as website form submissions.
If you’re looking for a VPN with an ad blocker, you should keep a few things in mind:
- Firstly, ensure that the VPN offers a server located in a country where ad blocking is legal.
- Secondly, check if the VPN allows you to customize your ad-blocking preferences.
How do VPN Ad Blockers Work?
VPN ad blockers block incoming advertisements from being downloaded and displayed on your device. It intercepts and blocks requests to download ad content from servers. Ad blockers can also block cookies, which track your online activity and target you with ads. There are also other ways that VPN ad blockers work:
- Some use DNS filtering to block requests to available advertising domains.
- DNS filtering is the most effective way to block ads, as it can block ads at the network level before they are downloaded.
- Others use filtering to block ads that contain certain keywords.
- And still, some services use browser extensions or plugins to block ads.
You need to use a VPN with an ad blocker that uses DNS filtering to block ads effectively. This will ensure that all ads are blocked, regardless of which website you visit or which web browser you use.
10 Best VPNs with Ad Blocking
If you’re a regular internet user, you know pop-up ads’ constant annoyance. They seem to follow you everywhere and can be incredibly difficult to eliminate. Luckily, there are several VPNs with built-in ad blockers that can help you get rid of these ads for good. There is a common misconception that VPNs are only for people looking to hide their identity or trick websites into thinking they are accessing from another location. However, VPNs can be used for various purposes, including improving online security and protecting privacy. One of the most popular uses for VPNs is to block ads.
NordVPN CyberSec tool blocks ads and malware and has received high marks from independent testing labs. It blocks ads on all major browsers, including Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. In addition to ad blocking, NordVPN provides some features that make it an excellent choice for VPN users.
NordVPN features and benefits:
- The provider uses the most up-to-date security protocols, AES-256-bit encryption with a 2048-bit key.
- It has military-grade encryption to keep user data safe and secure.
- The service includes a strict no-logs policy, ensuring that your data and online activity remain anonymous.
- It has one of the largest networks of servers, with over 5,200+ in 62 countries. This provides you with a large pool of IP addresses, ensuring you can always find a fast and reliable connection.
- It has a dedicated app for all major platforms, making it quick and easy to start.
CyberGhost is a popular adblock VPN service that offers comprehensive solutions. The company’s GhostRank system compiles data from millions of users to determine which ads and trackers are most commonly used. This information blocks those ads and trackers on CyberGhost’s servers. As a result, users who connect to CyberGhost can browse the web without seeing any ads. Its focus on user privacy makes CyberGhost stand out from other VPN providers. The company does not collect or log any personally identifiable information about its users. Furthermore, this best VPN adblock uses strong encryption to protect users’ data from prying eyes.
CyberGhost features and benefits:
- It has been a Romania-based VPN service since 2011. It is a top-rated VPN service with over 20 million satisfied customers worldwide.
- It uses military-grade encryption.
- In addition, the provider offers several other features, such as DNS leak protection and a kill switch.
- The service is available on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- The provider offers a free plan as well as different paid plans.
- In terms of value for money, it is one of the best VPNs on the market. The provider offers a great range of features at a very reasonable price.
- CyberGhost offers a 45-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
Ivacy VPN has the ” AdBlocker ” feature that does what you expect – blocks ads. This means you won’t be bombarded with annoying pop-ups and banner ads when browsing the web. Ivacy also protects against malware and phishing attacks. This is important because some ads contain malicious code that can infect your computer or steal your personal information. It is speedy and easy to use, so you won’t have to worry about your browsing speed being affected by the ad blocker.
Ivacy features and benefits:
- Firstly, Ivacy VPN has a strict no-logs policy.
- Secondly, Ivacy VPN uses military-grade 256-bit encryption to protect your identity and data.
- Thirdly, Ivacy VPN provides a range of features that make it easy to use, including a one-click connect button, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection.
PureVPN is the best ad blocker for several reasons. First, it offers a strong ad-blocking solution that can block even the most persistent ads. Additionally, PureVPN provides some other features that make it an attractive option for those looking for a VPN with an ad blocker.
PureVPN features and benefits:
- It has a fast and reliable connection.
- It includes a no-log policy, strong security, and privacy protection.
- It has a user-friendly interface for all devices.
- It provides 24/7 live chat support.
- PureVPN offers over 2000 servers in 140 countries, providing fast and reliable connections. It will keep your data safe and secure while blocking ads.
Surfshark VPN offers the “CleanWeb” tool, which blocks ads, trackers, and malware. Surfshark is the best because it is the most affordable and easy to use. You just need to turn it on, and it will work in the background.
Surfshark VPN features and benefits:
- It has DNS leak protection and IP address masking to keep your data and location hidden.
- It has military-grade encryption and a logging policy.
- If unsatisfied with the service, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
ProtonVPN is a well-known provider that offers free and premium services. The free version of ProtonVPN does not have an ad blocker, but the premium version does. ProtonVPN’s ad blocker is considered the best because it is very effective at blocking ads and does not slow down your internet connection.
ProtonVPN features and benefits:
- ProtonVPN is a reliable and secure VPN service that encrypts your data with strong protocols.
- It offers a free plan with 10GB of data per month.
- It supports up to 10 devices simultaneously.
- It has a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 live chat support
VyprVPN uses its Chameleon protocol to defeat VPN blocking by encrypting your web traffic. This means that you can access any website or online service without restrictions. In addition, VyprVPN routes your DNS requests through an encrypted tunnel, preventing your ISP from monitoring or sharing your online activity. With VyprVPN, you can say goodbye to annoying ads and browse the internet conveniently.
VyprVPN features and benefits:
- It has a strict no-logs policy and strong encryption to protect your data.
- It is fast and reliable, providing a seamless online experience.
iTop VPN ad blocker is considered the best because it provides a high level of protection against malware and phishing attacks. It allows you to surf the web anonymously. It provides a fast and reliable connection for online activities such as streaming video or gaming. Moreover, iTop VPN encrypts your traffic, ensuring your privacy is always protected.
iTop features and benefits:
- It is easy to use with one tap to connect.
- It has unlimited data usage.
Overall, iTop VPN is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to protect their online privacy and security.
It offers a great deal of security and privacy protection. With ExpressVPN, your traffic is encrypted, and your IP address is hidden. This means that advertisers cannot track you or target you with ads. ExpressVPN can block ads at the network level. This means that all the ads on a website will be blocked, not just those served by third-party ad networks. This is a more effective way of blocking ads, as it prevents them from being loaded in the first place.
ExpressVPN features and benefits:
- It is a high-speed, ultra-secure VPN that encrypts your internet traffic and gives you a new IP address.
- ExpressVPN includes 24/7 customer support, a 30-day money-back guarantee, and apps for all major platforms.
TunnelBear has a strict no-logs policy. It uses 256-bit AES encryption by default, making it nearly impossible for anyone to hack into your device or steal your information. This adblock VPN does not only keep you safe from intrusive ads, but it also speeds up your browsing experience. Moreover, TunnelBear offers a free plan with 500 MB of data per month, so you can try out the service before turning to a paid subscription. Lastly, TunnelBear is headquartered in Canada and is subject to strict privacy laws.
VPNs we don’t recommend
There are many VPNs that claim to offer ad-blocking capabilities; however, not all of them work appropriately. Some VPN providers may inject their ads into your web browsing experience, defeating the purpose of using a VPN in the first place. Some “free” VPN providers also sell user data to third-party advertisers.
For these reasons, it’s necessary to be careful when choosing a VPN provider and select one that is reputable and trustworthy. We do not recommend using any of the following VPN providers for ad blocking:
There are many reasons HolaVPN is not recommended as an ad blocker. One of the biggest reasons is that it is known to sell users’ data to third-party companies. In addition, HolaVPN has a reputation for being unreliable and slow.
Its free version only offers 500 MB of data daily, which is not enough for most users. It does not block all ads. It is not very effective at blocking popup ads. It can slow down your browsing experience. The service is not available for all browsers. It sells user data to third-party advertisers.
It is not as effective at blocking ads as some other options. It also sells user data to third-party advertisers, defeating the purpose of using a VPN with an ad blocker. Hotspot Shield’s free version is supported by ads, so users would still be subject to advertising even if they use the VPN.
It only blocks ads on websites you visit using the Opera browser. So, if you use another browser or search engine, you’ll still see ads. Some users have reported that Opera VPN slows down their browsing speed. It doesn’t have anti-tracking and anti-malware protection. Opera VPN may not be the best ad blocker, but it’s a decent option if you want a free VPN service. And it’s worth noting that Opera is planning to add more features to its VPN service.
Turbo VPN does not have a built-in ad blocker but can be used with an ad blocker extension. However, this is not as effective as a VPN with a built-in ad blocker. Additionally, Turbo VPN does not block all ads; some users have reported that it shows more ads than without the VPN.
Smart Popup Blocker
During testing, Smart Popup Blocker failed to block some unobtrusive pop-up notifications and ads. There are useful features here (whitelisting cookie management), but if a program cannot block all ads, it potentially puts you at risk and should therefore be avoided.
It does not have a dedicated ad-blocking feature. Instead, it relies on browser extensions to block ads. This means that you will need to install a separate extension to block ads while using TouchVPN. Additionally, this adblock VPN does not support some more popular browsers, such as Safari and Opera.
First, it is significant to note that Free VPN does not block ads. Rather, it simply provides a way to route your internet traffic through a different server, which may or may not have an ad blocker installed. This means you could still see ads if the server you are connected to does not have an ad blocker.
Additionally, even if the server you are connected to does have an ad blocker installed, there is no guarantee that it will be effective at blocking all ads.
It does not have a built-in ad blocker. This means that you will need to install an ad blocker extension or program to use VPN Master’s ad-blocking capabilities. Additionally, VPN Master cannot block all types of ads. For example, it cannot block pop-up ads or video ads.
It can slow down your internet connection. It doesn’t have malware protection or the ability to block other types of online threats.
It does not have a dedicated ad-blocking feature. Instead, it indirectly relies on its general security and privacy features to block ads. While this can be effective in some cases, it is not as comprehensive or reliable as a dedicated ad blocker. SnapVPN is not a good option due to its smaller network of servers and weaker encryption protocols.
How to choose the best VPN Adblocker?
If you’re looking for a VPN, selecting one that is right for your needs is essential. There are a few things to consider when selecting a VPN: security, speed, easy setup, excellent compatibility, and price.
|Security||You want to ensure that the VPN you select has strong security features. Look for a VPN that offers military-grade encryption and a kill switch.|
|Speed||You’ll want to ensure that the VPN you select offers fast speeds so you can browse the web and stream video without any issues.|
|Easy setup and without an additional installation||The best ad-blocking VPN should be easy to install and use. An ad blocker should be built into the VPN with no additional download or installation. It’s better that an ad-blocking VPN can support multiple device connections from a single account.|
|Excellent compatibility||The ad-blocking feature should work on most common platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.|
|Price||There are many affordable options available, so you’ll want to find a VPN that fits within your budget.|
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you’ll be able to select the best VPN ad blocker for your needs.
A Word from vpnXpert
Advertisers track your online activity to show you targeted ads. Therefore, there are different benefits to using a VPN with an ad blocker:
- Firstly, it can help you avoid annoying and intrusive ads.
- Additionally, a VPN with an ad blocker can also improve your online security and privacy.
- By encrypting your traffic and hiding your IP address, a VPN can make it much harder for third parties to track your online activities.
Our vpnXpert team believes you should be able to navigate the internet without the fear of hackers, curious authorities, and others who want information about you that doesn’t concern them. VPN is not just for computer nerds. Our goal is to make VPNs understandable and accessible for everyone to use.
- How to recognize adware?
In this case, your device has:
1) low productivity or malfunctions;
2) emergence of new extensions and toolbars;
3) incorrect display of web pages;
4) installation of unwanted programs.
- Can I use a free VPN with an ad blocker?
Yes, you can use a free VPN with an ad blocker. However, keep in mind that free VPNs often have limited data allowances, so you may need to purchase a paid subscription in order to get unlimited data. Additionally, free VPNs frequently have slower speeds and may not offer the same level of security and privacy as paid VPNs.
- Are ad blockers illegal?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it can depend on many factors, including your country and the specific ad blocker used. However, ad blockers are generally not illegal, and there are many legitimate uses for them.
- Is Chrome getting rid of ad blockers?
No, Chrome is not getting rid of ad blockers. The latest version of Chrome (68) includes a built-in ad blocker. However, this ad blocker only blocks certain types of ads that meet specific criteria, such as ads that are intrusive or disruptive. There are still many ad blockers available for Chrome that can block all types of ads.
- Can I block YouTube ads with a VPN?
Yes, you can block YouTube ads with a VPN. Your IP address will be hidden from advertisers, and you will be able to access blocked content and websites. Additionally, a VPN can encrypt your traffic, making it more difficult for advertisers to track your online activity.
- Which is the best ad blocker for iPhone?
Some factors you may want to consider when choosing an ad blocker include: how effective it is at blocking ads and how much it slows down your browsing experience. You should consider whether it is free or paid and whether it has any other features, such as privacy protection. Some popular ad blockers for iPhone include 1Blocker, AdBlock, and Adblock Plus.
- How do I set up an adblocker?
One way is to use a browser extension or plugin to block ads from appearing on web pages you visit. Another way is to use a stand-alone program that will block ads system-wide, meaning that the ads will be blocked no matter what browser or program you use. Finally, some DNS services also offer ad blocking, which can be configured on your computer or router.